Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Current Happenings....

I am counting down the days till Christmas break! I am so very ready for it to be here and for this semester to be DONE! THROUGH! FINISHED....forever! :) I'm not having a bad semester, but it has been long and fairly difficult. I'm ready to be through and have some down time. Over my break, I have a little list of things I'd like to do....a mini-bucket list. :) Nothing overly exciting, just little pleasures. I want to get up early and watch the sunrise. I want to go get breakfast with my little sisters and lunch with my brother (who's coming home from college! yay!) and get coffee with my big sister (so LeAnne, I know you're reading this, so just go ahead and plan on getting coffee with me, k?). So not too much....just a few fun things before spring semester begins, and I have to go back to the grind.

{photo credit goes to my sister Mary!}
 
 So I've posted about my love for Pandora. I'm still in love with this site. Recently, it introduced me to Owl City (LOVE!). I've heard a little bit by this dude before, but now, I'm a total fan. He has such fab music. I think my all time favorite song is his "Good Time" song. That song is so much fun. Just makes you want to go grab a friend and do something cool! :)
The other day, I was at the library and happened to notice the movie "Puss in Boots". I had seen a few previews for the movie, and although it looked fairly dumb, I had this strange desire to see it. So, I checked it out, and then stayed up till midnight watching it with my sisters. I wasn't expecting too much, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it.....I laughed so much. "Humpty Alexander Dumpty"....
Let's see....we've covered college, music, movies....guess I should throw some literature in here. I just finished reading "Gianna". It told the story of Gianna Jessen, a girl who was aborted, but by the grace of God, survived. It was pretty incredible. For sure one that I recommend. :)
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Coffee? I think I can handle that. :)

    Oh & I have that book....I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE YOU READ ANYTHING BY FRANCINE RIVERS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LeAnne...I remember you getting that book from the library like 6 or 8 years ago and wanting to read it....so I did. :)

    Minehle....yes, I have. I just finished her "Atonement Child" book and loved it! Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think I OWN the book - I think I picked it up at Paxon forever and ever ago.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh my gosh! Hello there fellow Owl City fan! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete