Thursday, January 10, 2013

Current Happenings in the Life of Emily....

I know it's been a while. Life has been so crazy these past few days. College classes started back up Monday, and with 4 fairly hard classes (physical science, statistics, college algebra and world history), it's already giving me a run for my money! I was feeling kinda stressed, but I have my schedule mapped out, so I think I'm going to be okay.

              

 

 
So have you seen "Brave"? My sisters went to see it earlier this summer, and came home raving about how good it was. Of course, I was dying to see it, and we started counting down the days till it came out in Redbox. The Scottish accents in this movie are AMAZING...the story line's pretty cute too...not my very favorite movie, but it was still good!
 
 
On my list of New Year's resolutions was to read more. One of the books I started this month was Elisabeth Elliot's "Passion and Purity". I've heard great things about it, so I decided that it must be worth reading....it is so good! Haven't finished it quite yet, but everything I've read of it thus far has been excellent! Filled with some pretty amazing quotes...like...“But the question to precede all others, which finally determines the course of our lives is What do I really want? Was it to love what God commands, in the words of the collect, and to desire what He promises? Did I want what I wanted, or did I want what He wanted, no matter what it might cost?” 
 
 
Well, I have a fairly long to-do list...so toodles, y'all! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment