Monday, May 27, 2013

a real post

i always feel like i'm kinda cheating when i post my lists. i mean, yes, it's blogging, but i don't feel like it's :real: blogging. i mean, i'm throwing a boatload of random tidbits out to the world. doesn't feel legit. so, here is my attempt to write an honest to goodness blog post at 1:45 in the morning {yes, i know it's past my bedtime}.

it's summertime and i'm taking it easy. it feels strange. for the past 2 years, i've rushed around juggling high school, college, friends and family. now that it's all over with {high school and stage 1 of college....i kept the friends and family thing. ;)}, i actually have the opportunity to step back and breathe. interesting. i think i could get used to this. don't know how capable i'll be of handling classes once fall rolls around, but we'll burn that bridge when we get there. no need to worry about tomorrow's trouble's tonight {er, this morning}.

something i do want to accomplish this summer is making a summer bucket list. i've seen everyone else's floating around on the internet....think i shall have to jump aboard this band wagon. i have a mental list of things i want to do....so it's just a matter of communicating my thoughts to paper. that should be interesting.

i've been using my free time rather wisely. i've nearly completely caught up on my show "call the midwife". oh my garsh, i love that show! had fallen behind on it, but now that i actually have time to spare, i'm just about up to date on all the event of Jenny Lee and her friends. it's been quite the exciting season! every episode just keeps getting better and better. but don't go asking me for any details....just go watch it yourself. it'll be well worth your while. promise.

anyhooo...this summer i'm taking my first education class {yes, i know i'm supposed to be taking it easy, but i don't think 1 online class will kill me!}. it's really quite exciting. i mean, my textbook is saying things like, "as a future teacher..." and "you will need to know [blank] to intergrate into your own classroom.". eek! such statements make me very, very happy. other statements in the book make me groan. like, everything else in the book. it's a technology class....and the material is either too complex that only a nerd wearing oxford glasses and a bow tie would need to know it, or so basic that my 3-year-old cousin could master it. please, publishers...consider your audience before forcing this $100 book upon us! {you'll excuse my ranting. this week's chapter was especially mind-numbing}.


that's all my poor, over-taxed brain can muster at the moment. good night, y'all....

oh!-and happy memorial day!

4 comments: