Thursday, November 7, 2013

a moment to breathe...

hello blogging world...if there's anyone left out there. if there is, i'm sorry for abandoning you. i can promise you that it was never my intention to drop blogging like a heart rock; i never wanted to give the impression that i was done with my blog like a doctor is with a dead man. i never meant to leave you and never come back, but i know it seemed that way.

but enough with whining. life happens. period. the end. blogging doesn't always fit into the schedule. but today, oh happy day, it did. believe it or not, i have found a moment to breathe. and what better way to spend such a moment than blogging? i don't know that i'm blogging for anyone but myself, but i still consider it a legit past-time.

so where have i been this past little while? where has life taken me since i last posted? i feel like so much has happened since june (sob-yes, the month of my last post!), but at the same time, it feels like nothing of great importance has occurred. important or not, you shall hear about it.

in july, i arrived home after spending two months with my big brother. i had an amazing time with seth. we are really close, and although our lives were not excessively exciting during my time up there (though the drive in was pretty thrilling! yes, i'm still harping on that. lol.), i really enjoyed my time up there. it was a nice change of pace and scenery. but, all that being said, it was so good to get home. being away from them for so long gave me a whole new appreciation for my family. i realized just how valuable the relationships i share with my family members are; it really motivated me to spend more time with my younger sisters especially, because being away made me understand just how much i enjoy my role as a big sister. i love those 4 girls to pieces, and am so thankful to be back with them and being able to hang out and make memories with them.

just a few days after making it home, i received a call from a little grocery store in town asking me to come in for an interview. i was thrilled. i had really been praying about a job, and GOD worked this out perfectly. i went in for the interview, got the job, and started working as a cashier shortly thereafter. the hours are long and tedious at times, but i can honestly say i love my job and the people i work with. i am very much a people-person, and the constant interaction i have with various customers is quite fun...most of the time. i have my regulars that come in and joke around with me. i love those type of relationships.  they're something you see on tv when you watch mayberry, but having them for real, it's quite precious. :)

in august, i started a new chapter in my life: university! i started attending unf august 28, pursuing my bachelors in english while working on my minor in professional education. i am in the middle of taking 4 classes: introduction to education, literary analysis, early british literature and the art of critical reading. it's not a terribly heavy schedule (after taking 2 math classes in one semester, i feel pretty invincible! lol), but it is challenging. the papers i am writing are pretty deep, involving a heavy dissection of short stories and novels. i'm a bit of a nerd, so this stuff is right up my alley, and although it does get intense at times, i can honestly say i am enjoying myself.

unf is by no means a christian college, but i really feel like i have grown closer to GOD this semester of college than i have the past couple months. i am involved in a weekly christian club and a girls' bible study. it's awesome. i am inspired to go deeper in my faith and strengthening my walk with the LORD. the friends i have made during my short time at unf encourage me to pursue my relationship with JESUS; i have had the opportunity to witness their own faith in action, and it causes me to want the light they shine so brightly. and my blogging buddies, that is truly a blessing.

my moment of freedom is coming to an end. i am going to finish this up and head off to my british literature class. y'all come back now, ya hear? i promise i'm going to try to do better with this whole blogging thang. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment