Thursday, September 13, 2012

Current Loves...

I am a book lover. If I find a good book,  I will eat it up like there's no tomorrow. People marvel at how quickly I read...but it's not my fault. It's the author's. Some people just have a way with words that pulls me into the story and will not release me until I come to the final page. Such authors include Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games), Beverly Lewis (Amish fiction), Beverly Clearly (Ramona books...yes!-I'm 17 years old and I love Ramona! :)) and now Jerry Spinelli. I just discovered him yesterday. I stopped by my public library yesterday, and noticed his books sitting pretty in the young adult section. I am currently in the middle of his "Stargirl". It's a pretty fabulous book. Narrated by her soon-to-be-boyfriend Leo, it follows the story of Susan, er, Stargirl as she lives life to the fullest.

{via}
 
"She laughed when there was no joke. She danced when there was no music. She had no friends, yet she was the friendliest person in school." 
 
 
 
Another current favorite of mine is Dr. Seuss's "The Lorax". It's a pretty splendid movie. It's happy. It's sad. It's fun. It's serious. It's humerous. It's inspirational. It's a fabulous family movie...kids will laugh at the cuddly bears and the fluffy Lorax. Parents will appreciate the hidden truths. There are great Christian messages in this film. It's not a Christian movie, but watch carefully, and you can't help but see them! 

 
{via}
 
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. It's not."
 
^My favorite new quote^
 
And on that note, I shall wrap up! Hope y'all have a super day! Later! :)




 

4 comments:

  1. Hello, deary!

    I stumbled upon your blog through the LYWB website and thought to myself, "Hey, why not check it out". So here I am. :-D I love you blog name! It's awesome, just like Him. Books are one of my favorite things (Sound of Music!) ;-) as well and I am currently reading The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I'm lovin' it! (Sorry to bring in the tacky McDonald's quote there, couldn't resist. Lol.) If you're one to appreciate beauty, this book my dear, is for you!
    I will stop by from time to time to see what your posting out of pure curiosity. So blog on, dear cyber friend, blog on! Feel free to check out my blog as well, at:

    musingsofayounglady.wordpress.com

    Yours faithfully,
    a friend named Kate. *Cough cough* :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, Kate!

    Thanks so much for stopping by...and for going a step further and commenting! ;) As a fellow blogger, I'm sure you understand how comments are candy! :) Anyhow, thank you so much for the book suggestion (and I totally excuse your use of the Micky D's quote...). I have seen the "Secret Garden" movie, but I've never read the book...I'll have to add that one to my "to read" list. :)

    Thank you again for stopping by, and I look forward to your future visits!

    Emily

    P.S: I've stopped by your blog! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete