Sunday, September 16, 2012

In Christ Alone

In Christ alone, my hope is found-
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This cornerstone, this solid ground-
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm!
What heights of love, what depths of peace-
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease.
My Comforter, my All-in-All-
Here in the love of Christ I stand!

In Christ alone Who took on flesh-
fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness-
scorned by the ones He came to save!
Until on that cross as Jesus died-
the wrath of God was satisfied!
For every sin on Him was laid-
Here in the death of Christ I live!

There in the ground, His body lay-
Light of the world by darkness slain!
Then bursting forth in glorious day-
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory-
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me!
For I am His, and He is mine-
Bought with the precious blood of Christ!

No guilt in life, no fear of death-
This is the power of Christ in me!
From life's first cry, to final breath-
Jesus commands my destiny!
No powers of hell, no schemes of man-
Can ever pluck me from His hand!
Till He returns, or calls me home-
Here in the power of Christ I stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment