Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Senior Year

 

I've always looked forward to being a highschool senior. When I was little, trying to figure out how to do division and work through problems with negative numbers, I dreamt of the day when I wouldn't have to worry about school work. As I got older, I anticipated being able to tell people I was in my senior year of highschool. It sounded so important. So mature.


 
Now here I am. I'm finishing up on my last few months of highschool, looking at different colleges and their programs, and feeling like life is passing me by entirely too quickly. I just don't feel like I should be in 12th grade. It just doesn't feel right. Being 17 and on the verge of graduation was something I would dream about-it wasn't supposed to happen so soon. Ninth, tenth and eleventh grade weren't supposed to end so quickly. I just don't understand...where has time gone?

But, this where I am. This is my senior year-and I'm going to do my best to enjoy each moment of it. I'm looking forward to my senior picture photo shoot. I'm counting down the days till I can throw a big graduation party. I'm thrilled about designing my graduation announcements.

It's going to be a good year.

1 comment: