Thursday, October 4, 2012

I am a Bookworm

Close youreyes and envision a rainy day. The water droplets are falling steadily, "kerplunking" on your roof. It's the kind of day no one wants to be out in. The kind of day that inspires you to forget about that long "to do list" and instead make yourself a cup of coffee. You track down your backpack and pull out a book you picked up from the library early that week. Your house is silent, save the ticking of the clock and the pattering of the rain. You curl up in your favorite comfy chair and open the book to page one. You take a sip of your coffee and begin to read....sigh....yes, this is heaven.

{via}


...do you get the drift I'm a bookworm? Yep. I am. I love books. Always have...ever since I learned to read, I've always been enthralled by what the literary world has to offer. When I was little, I went on adventures with American Girls like Samantha, Kirsten, Felicity or Kit. During my preteen/early teen years, I read the classic Nancy Drew books. In more recent history, I've read the "Lord of the Rings" series, "The Redemption of Sarah Cain" and "Hunger Games" series (which, by the way, Hunger Games=love!) just to name a few. I just finished reading "The Walk" by Richard Paul Evans. Wonderful book! I'm picking up the 2nd book in the series tomorrow from the library.

Presently, I am in the middle of"How to Be Your Own Selfish Pig". Intriguing title, yes? It's written by Francis Shaeffer's daughter Susan Schaeffer Macaulay . It examines and compares Christianity to other religions and modern, more humanistic philosophies. It covers some pretty deep stuff, but at the same time, it's not hard reading. It's quite good. I highly reccomend it.

Books are quite wonderful, aren't they? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment