Monday, October 15, 2012

You Make Me Smile....

I  must say, I have the best best friend ever. Katie and I have known each other for nearly 2 years. We met over at my Voices of the Innocent blog...she left a comment and her blog link. I visited her blog quite often and enjoyed her various posts and pictures. So....one day, I shot Miss Katie an email and asked her if she'd like to become email buddies. Katie emailed me back and said that she had been praying about asking me the same thing! And thus, our fabulous friendship began.

 I'm so thankful to have her as a friend...there was only thing about our friendship that wasn't the greatest....we live in two different states. We had never met in person, and since neither one of us travel very often, it didn't look like we were going to have an opportunity to get together for a good while.

Until this past weekend...for the first time EVER, I got to meet my amazing bestie! Katie and her family were on vacation, and we were able to meet up. I was so excited. It was so good to finally meet this beautiful girl! We had so much fun together...breakfast at Cracker Barrel...then we spent the afternoon hanging out at the mall. We went to Barnes and Noble and did some shopping (best place ever to get some Christmas shopping done!:)), Bath and Body Works (and smelled all the awesome body mists! Haha!), and a few other stores. Lots of fun! We ended our time together by grabbing some coffee at the Starbucks in the Barnes and Noble store (yep, back to Barnes and Noble!). It was a really amazing time...to say the least! :) 



Katie and Me at Cracker Barrel.

Love black and white pictures! :)

Our amazing coffee!



My sister (who came along with me to meet sweet Katie)
informed us that we looked adorable sitting there drinking our coffee.

And we had to take a picture with these awesome
little food toy things. Lol.

This is Katie with some Dr. Who related thingy.
Tardis, I think? :)

Us....

And us again!

Modeling my awesome new shades that Katie brought me.

Love them!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!! I'm in the process of writing one of my own.
    It was definitely a fantastic day, to say the least! Love you!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too, Katie! And I just read your blog post (peeps, check it out at hellohighlights.blogspot.com) and I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete